Wednesday 15 August 2007

My History of DOTA

Defense of the Ancients (often referred to as DotA) is a custom map for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, based on the "Aeon of Strife" map for the Blizzard title Starcraft. It is a team strategy game focused on hero combat. The objective is to destroy the opponents' base using one's own Hero along with allied heroes and allied AI-controlled fighters called "creeps". Sharing concepts with role playing games, the player levels up their hero and uses gold to buy equipment in an effort to best the opposing team.

The map was developed with the World Editor of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, but was updated upon the release of The Frozen Throne. While there have been many different variations on the original concept, the most popular version at tournaments is DotA Allstars, which has been maintained by several authors over the course of its development. Since its release, Allstars has become a feature at several worldwide tournaments, including Blizzard Entertainment's Blizzcon and the Asian World Cyber Games, as well as the Cyberathlete Amateur and CyberEvolution leagues.

From: Wikipedia

If not mistaken, I started playing since end of 2005, which is after the "hot season" of Counterstrike a.k.a CS. I still remember that Razor is the 1st hero that I used and the map is 5.84b. I started playing in CC, then moved to Eurobattle and currently playing in Blueserver. I love to play DOTA due to the teamwork of the game. There is always 1 thing in my mind to remind me, "No matter how strong your hero is, you still can't win the game without your teammate". I don't know some of you gamers realize or not, which I feel playing DOTA is not only playing a normal game, it taught me a lot of things which can be applied in my real life. Well, most people may call me "DOTA freak" because of this, but this is my feeling. That's why even my gf said I'm already addicted lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok you kinda are a freak but.

the thing about dota is that its not about just farming or just teamwork or just pushing.

Its about all three that is why people find it so addicting. It is impossible to master all three perfectly in one game, because u cant do all three at once!

That is also why there is no sure way of winning and the best player in the world (tho virtus in VP has been crowned) is still controversial!